Sunday 4 September 2016

Rihanna Thanks Drake for Touching VMAs Speech: “I Love You for That”

After Drake declared his love for Rihanna while presenting her with the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the 2016 MTV VMA ("She's someone I've been in love with since I was 22 years old," he said), fans waited with bated breath for Rihanna to reciprocate the sentiment.
While she didn't say those three words when she took the mic, she did finally return the favor in a gushing Instagram post. The singer took to her social media account to share a video of her acceptance speech and thanked everyone who has helped her along the way--including Drake-- in the caption.
"#VMA2016 night was one that I would never forget!! I have the most incredible people in my life! My family, friends, loved ones, my fans, my team!!!" she wrote. "It's because of you that I was able to reach this moment in my career! And it's also because of you that I was able to pull off a night like this one, with 4 medley performances, 4 set productions, 4 outfits, 4 hair and makeup looks, and all in 4 days of rehearsal!" RiRi made sure to give a special shout-out to her "Work" partner, who handed her the Moonman. "@champagnepapi your speech was so touching and I love you for that!.

No comments:

Post a Comment